Labels

Translate 翻訳

Friday, May 30, 2014

How to book Amtrak tickets

Amtrak is a American bullet. We have Shinkansen in Japan and the tickets are expensive same as Amtrak.
The difference between Amtrak and Japanese Shinkansen is that if you book Amtrak tickets earlier, you can save the costs.

Amtrak tickets are recommended to book at least 2 weeks before you ride.

For example, I checked a price from New York to Wilmington 2 month before the dayr I take, the price was $44  at that time.
However I rechecked the same day and same time ticket 1 week before the day ride, the price had increased to $60.



Also, leaving early and late tickets are cheaper than busy day time tickets.
Some blogger says, unpopular lines are still cheap if you buy tickets just before you ride. However, the line between Washington D.C. and New York is one of the most popular lines in the U.S. So I believe it will never cheap just before you ride.

But don't worry. Tickets are easy to book and easy to change on line.
Amtrak E-tickets are not refundable. If you cancel your train, they will give you E-voucher.
You can use the voucher to book another train. Voucher expires the same cancellation day of next year.

Once, I didn't know about it and I booked another train before I cancel.
I didn't have plan to take Amtrak so I called customer service, and they helped me to use the voucher to the new book and the money was refunded. If you made same mistake as me, never give up and call customer service !

What is written above is the tips of Online booking.
I'm not sure about other ways to book tickets, since I don't have confidence to book ticket by phone, and to go Wilmington station to book is inconvenient for me. Anyway, good luck for your booking !


No comments: