Labels

Translate 翻訳

Monday, June 16, 2014

Golf Shops around Delaware


Golf is very popular sports in the U.S. Even small kids plays golf with their family.
However, playing golf is very expensive in Japan.

Many Japanese people start to play golf after they move to the states.
We also started golf to take this advantage of staying here.

There are three kinds of big golf shops in Delaware.

I went to looking around those three shops.  【MAP】


1.Dick's Sports   (Map:C   At Christiana Mall and at 202, same place where Target is) 

This shop is not golf department shop, but it has every kinds of sports goods.
Golf section is bigger than other sports one, but it seems there is no golf professional in the store.
   
2.Golf Galaxy   (Map:B Route 58 Located neear Delaware park, same mall with Home depo)

It's a bit small shop, but it has a good product line up.
A Virtua triall hitting machine is  set, you can try clubs before you buy.
There were used clubs as well.

3.Golf Smith   (Map:A Route 58  North of Golf Galaxy)

It's a biggest store among the three shops. Since there were little customers in the store at that time, clerk helped me a lot.
This shop also has three virtual trial hitting machines.
The line up of used clubs is also the best among the three.
I didn't ask at other shops, but this shop clerk told me that if you don't like the clubs, you can return the product in 30 days with 90% of original price, even if you have used it.



Each shops have different product lineups.
Especially Golf Galaxy and Golf smith are located very close each other, you can go both shops before you shop.
For example, I got Lynx golf set at golf smith, but there was no Lynx set or gloves at Golf Galaxy.

I took golf classes for a year when I was college student. After that, I just played sometimes, but I always used rental clubs.
In Japan, every driving range and golf course has rental clubs and it is very cheap or free for women.
Besides, people live small house and I didn't want to keep a golf set in my room.

On the other hand, Golf is such a common sports in the state, it seems difficult or not cheap to rent a clubs.
I finally bought a golf set at Golf smith.
It was originally $399.99, and the price at the shop was $245, and it was on sale $179.99.
Finally,  there was an additional promotion for Farther's day, and I got it for  $159.99.
What a great saving!!



I'm a beginner, and I'm not sure if I keep playing golf after I go back to Japan.
So I bought an inexpensive golf set. I went to driving range with this set, and it worked well.
I'm very satisfied with this set and the price. It's not a great clubs, but enough for beginners.
I will keep practicing with this set, and I hope one day, I will feel this club is not good for me.
Because it's a proof that my skill has improved.



No comments: