Labels

Translate 翻訳

Friday, July 18, 2014

Metro Apartment Suite 

As you know, the Hotels in NY are very expensive.
My parents came to see me last month, and we stayed in NY for 3 night 4 days.

To Look for 3 person's cheap hotel rooms in the NY is very difficult.
You might find cheap double bed rooms or single rooms, but rooms for three people are difficult.
Of course you can book 4 people's room, but I didn't want to pay so much for hotels, so I chose Apartment this time.
I found the apartment at Booking.com.
There were no reviews on the site when I booked.
Since the pictures on the web site and the location were good, I decided to book there.

Metro Apartment Suite    38 West 31st street, New York City, NY 10001

I found many reviews one week before I stay there. Many bad and good reviews were on the site.
I was worried about my stay in there. After stayed the apartment, I understand both reviews.
I think I was lucky, because I booked small studio which was $647.37 includes tax for three night.
It supposed to have one queen size bed and one sofa bed, but my room had two queen size bed.
The room was enough big and clean. Also, having a kitchen in the room was great. I liked the room.


Bath room was simple
water pressure was fine
enough hangers




However, the service was bad.
Since it's just an apartment, you need to call the office an hour advance to check in.
I called 3 hours in advance, and I was late, but no one was there.  I called again and the parson was on the subway.

Fortunately, my room was ready, so I could enter the room before he arrive. But he kept us waiting for 30 minutes.
There was another couple who were same situation in front of the apartment. They told me they were waiting about an hour.

I didn't see anyone when we check in and out. Just took and left the room key on the table in my room. That's it.
I thought they don't prepare any towels, but there were four big bath towels in the room.
There were shampoo and conditioner and soap as well.
They sent me a mail,  they have rental towel 3 for $10. Now I think it's for replacement.

I asked to refill toilet rolls but they forgot it.
I think the apartments are maintained by young Korean guys, they are innocent, but careless.

Anyway, I don't know if I will be back to this apartment.  It was cheap and good location though.
I can't recommend this apartment hotel everyone but if you can speak English well, and have cellphone, and be patient, you can stay here.

I was satisfied with this stay,  maybe it's because I was lucky.

They can keep your luggage for $6-10 each at their office near Port authority.
It was very convenient to take Greyhound bus.
We went to the office by taxi in the morning and picked up our luggage before we took bus.

At previous stays in NY, I used Pod 51 and Hotel Azul, I will write about it some day.

No comments: