Labels

Translate 翻訳

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Alapocas Run State Park & Free Summer Taichi Class

Delaware is surrounded so many greens and you might have gone through a park every 20 minutes while you are driving.
I'm going to have a simple introduction about the trail and free summer Taichi class.

I went to Alapocas Run State Park for the first time and saw a flier the picture below.
According to the flier, Gentle Palm Karate Academy offers free Taichi classes during summer.
Taichi is a kind of Chinese martial arts and it's also moving meditation as well.
It's not here, but I'm taking 24 method Taichi lessons in IWC and I enjoy it very much.   

Flier at  Alapcas ball fields


The purpose I visit the park is for running.
Since I applied for the Philadelphia Marathon, I need to practice as much as possible.
It's too hot to run in the daytime, so I was looking for somewhere cool for running.
Besides, this park is close to the International women's club, so it's convenient for me to run after club activity.

【Full page Map (PDF)】 
PDF shows distance of each trail.


Today I stared from Alapocas Ball Fields and run light yellow trail.
It was great run in the wood, because it was cool and the ground was much softer than asphalt road.


I was worried if I would get lost, but if you come twice, it will be OK.
It's great not only for running, but also for walking. I will definitely come again for running.
Besides Alapocas Run State Park, there are many parks in Delaware. You can check them at Wilmington State Parks web site.
They will have free concerts and some other events, don't miss them!

No comments: