Labels

Translate 翻訳

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Travel to Niagara Falls

Last year, we went to Niagara Falls in beginning of July for 3 days and 2 nights.
There are three ways to go to Niagara Falls.



1. By car
   According to Google map, it takes 7 hours directly from Delaware to Niagara Falls.

2. By airplane ( To NY Buffalo airport or Toronto airport )
   Airplane costs a lot, and you need to take a long distance bus or rent a car after you get there.

3. Apply for the tour from NY or NJ
   There are many tour from NY and NJ, but going to NY or NJ takes 3 hours,
   and the time riding bus is almost same as Delaware to Niagara Falls.

My choice was to go by car.
Many American also travel by car, and it was the most reasonable way to go there.
We got so many bugs on the front of car though.


I minded these three points for the travel.

①Since it's a long drive, don't make a tight schedule so that we can spend a relaxing time there.
②The fall at Canadian side is greater than American side, so go American side first.
③Stay at falls view hotel one night, because we can save money to go by car.

Since the first day staying at Niagara falls was Independence day, I planned to book American side hotel.
However, the hotels in Canadian side were cheaper than American side, I booked  both night in Canadian side.

I looked for a falls view hotel first, and decided to stay at The Oaks hotel.
The hotel has a beautiful view and it has the cheapest falls view room around there.
Still, it cost $341 in total for a night.
Because both Canada and America are on the holiday season, it's the busiest time for Niagara Falls at the beginning of July.

I didn't care about inside the room, but I was worried about the view from windows.
Our room was on the 13th floor, and the view was amazing just like this.
We could see fireworks very well. I was very satisfied with the view from our room.


The hotel has prepared outlook space in the hallway of the 14th floor,  so that guests can look freely.
Even if staying at the lower floors,  you can enjoy a beautiful view and fire works there.

It's too expensive to stay two night at this hotel, I booked another cheap hotel before we stay here.
While we stay in the Oak hotel for the second day, we didn't plan special activities.
We stayed at the room to enjoy the view and reading books. We felt really relax.

I'm going to go Niagara Falls again with my parents in July.
I was wondering whether choosing the Oak hotel or Radisson hotel, I booked the Oaks hotel again.
Because Radisson hotel is a little bit far from main street.
If you stay at falls view room just one night, you should book on the day which has fireworks.

We also went for a winery of Niagara on the lake. I will write about wineries next time.
My friend told me about "Niagara Falls Adventure Pass Classic". I will buy it next time.

No comments: